Elden Ring receives some minor updates as they continue to refine an already amazing award winning game.
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
- Increased poise damage of all weapons and some spells and incantations.
- Increased poise when attacking with some skills, spells, incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Added damage reduction when performing attacks with some skills, spells and incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Critical hit angles have been extended.
- Decreased the invulnerability window of the Quick Stepand Hound’s Step skills.
- Decreased the damage reduction granted by some skills, incantations and items.
General balance adjustments (across pvp and story)
- Increased critical hit damage.
- Decreased recovery time after a missed critical hit.
- Increased poise damage of attacks that occur after missing a critical hit.
Bug Fixes and other changes
- Adjusted the player damage animation so that the attack direction is not unintentionally shifted when getting hit while attacking with some types of weapons that generates poise.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some spells and incantations from causing damage while under the effect of some skills and items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the Sacred Orderskill to continue after switching weapons.
- Corrected some text in certain languages.
As you can see overall the game received some small changes, but the biggest was the nerf of the hound step and the quick step invulnerability windows.
This will change up how PvP is managed and whether we see a push in new techniques in battle.